“It’s a scene I’ve imagined many times, but it still doesn’t feel real.”

 “When I was young, I imagined receiving the Golden Gloves many times. Now that I’m receiving this award, it doesn’t even feel real. I’m really happy.”


Noh Si-hwan (23, Hanwha Eagles), who was a baseball boy, stands tall as the best third baseman in the KBO League.

Noh Si-hwan won the third baseman category at the 2023 KBO Golden Glove Awards held at COEX Auditorium in Gangnam-gu, Seoul on the 11th. It was the first Golden Glove he received in his fifth season after making his professional debut in 2019.

It was a meaningful award to Noh Si-hwan, a baseball boy from Busan. Is that why? The acceptance speech was also particularly long. All names were mentioned, from Korea Baseball Organization President Heo Heo-yeon to Hanwha CEO Park Chan-hyuk, general manager Son Hyuk, manager Choi Won-ho, and coaches. Choi Jeong (SSG Landers), who competed for the award, even brought up the name of his younger cousin.

In an interview after the awards ceremony, Noh Si-hwan said, "Because it was my first Golden Gloves, I did not want to end my acceptance speech too briefly. There are a lot of people I am truly thankful for this year, so I wanted to talk to everyone at least once." Regarding this, Son Ah-seop, who was the designated hitter winner, expressed his affectionate complaint, saying, “Noh Si-hwan’s speech got longer, so I had less time to speak.” Noh Si-hwan smiled and said, “I’m sorry for keeping my remarks short because of me. If I can receive this award again next year, I will keep it simple and clear then.”

Noh Si-hwan said, "My impressions were impromptu. I was thinking about it while watching the awards ceremony, and then the celebration performance started and I forgot about it. I thought about it again, and then the second performance came out and I was impressed, and it was time to really prepare. So I just tried to improvise, and the words ended up getting longer." did.

Regarding senior Choi Jeong, who was also mentioned in his acceptance speech, he said, "Senior Choi Jeong mentioned me this season. He was my role model but also my competitor, so I followed him and was able to reach this position. I am grateful."

Noh Si-hwan said, "I think the trophy looks prettier in person. The weight is just right. When I was young, I imagined receiving the award many times. Watching players receive the Golden Glove, I thought, 'I can become a professional player and win that award.' “I thought, ‘I wonder if I’m receiving this award right now. To be honest, it do
esn’t really feel like it yet. It’s a really happy day,” he said with joy.


He said, "This is the most meaningful award. Thank you for giving me such a great award. I think you can say that this is the beginning. Starting with this, I will prepare well to receive the most Golden Gloves by a third baseman." Choi Jeong's record of 8 is “It’s very difficult to keep up, but I will try my best to fill in 10,” he pledged.

Noh Si-hwan said, "There were so many good young players at Hanwha this year. The year before last, Eun-won Jeong received it, and this year I received it. Now, there are many good juniors such as Dong-ju Moon and Hyun-bin Moon. I hope that Hanwha will produce many Golden Gloves in the future.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“Will there be a better pitcher than Peddie?”

Celebrating The Opening Of The Ukrainian Market

Son Heung-min ‘League’s 7th goal + 1 assist’ one-man show…